Chesapeake Regional Director
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a full-time Regional Director to oversee our programs in the Chesapeake region. Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe, affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes the public interest on issues like water, waste and toxics.
Overall responsibility for leading and developing Clean Water’s work in the region, including the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee programs and campaigns, including legislative and electoral campaigns, community and coalition organizing, policy development, research and public education programs. Provide direction to local and state campaigns. Work with national staff to implement local and state elements of national campaigns.
- Lead planning and implementation of strategies to build the organization in the Chesapeake region.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop program staff in the region.
- Develop and implement fundraising plans in coordination with national staff, raising funds from foundations, individual donors and other sources.
- Provide program direction and support for field and phone canvass programs; work in partnership with canvass leadership to build strong canvass programs.
- Oversee administrative and financial management systems, including budgets and other financial management tools.
- Represent Clean Water in work with other organizations, public officials, funders and the media. Regular travel throughout the region required.
- Conduct other work as directed by supervisor.
- Five or more years experience as a manager or organizer with an environmental or other non-profit organization. Environmental experience is preferred though not required. Experience with grassroots organizing, coalitions and campaigns is required; experience with electoral campaigns desired. Administrative and operational management experience, including the ability to manage diverse projects and personnel, budgets and multiple priorities also required.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership to build and direct the organization’s programs.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, supporting and developing staff and volunteers, including people located in different cities.
- Successful fundraising experience with foundations, major donors, and events.
- Experience developing and working with leadership bodies such as boards of directors, campaign or coalition steering committees;
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice and equity, and experience working with diverse communities and populations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- At least five years experience as a manager in a non-profit organization.
- Experience with professional canvass programs is highly desirable.
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested internal candidates, please contact your supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.