Donald Trump: A Disaster for Our Environment
Donald Trump has been a disaster for our water and health
Donald Trump and his Administration have prioritized gutting environmental protections and have tried to roll back more than 100 clean water, health and environmental safeguards.
The Trump administration’s “Dirty Water Rule” eliminates protections for half our nation’s remaining wetlands and millions of stream miles
- The Trump Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed to weaken Clean Water Act limits on toxic pollution from coal-fired power plants and to make it easier for them to dump toxic coal waste into local water bodies.
- The Trump EPA has limited states’ ability to challenge federal projects that threaten rivers, lakes, and other water resources in their state
- The Trump EPA proposal for revision of Safe Drinking Water Act regulations falls short of what is neededto get lead out of drinking water
- The Trump administration has weakened the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), limiting review of large projects
In every federal budget proposal, the Trump White House has cut EPA’s budget by nearly a third and cut funds for the Great Lakes, the Chesapeake Bay and other iconic watersDonald Trump has reversed progress on climate change and put corporate fossil fuel interests first
- Donald Trump has directed his Administration to pull the United States out of the Paris Climate Agreement• The Trump EPA rolled back limits on methane pollution from oil and gas development
- The Trump administration gutted the Clean Power Plan, a 2009 program to reduce carbon emissions from the power sector by 32% below 2005 levels by 2030
- The Trump administration reversed increased fuel efficiency standards for cars and trucks — the biggest source of climate emissions in the United States
Donald Trump has shown a lack of concern about ethics and the undue influenceof money in politics and is working against safe and fair elections
- Donald Trump makes false statements about voting by mail, despite years of successful state programs and reliance on absentee voting by both major political parties.
- The Trump administration opposed the For the People Act (HR1), a comprehensive package oF democracy reforms addressing voting, money in politics, and ethics reforms, passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in March 2019
- Donald Trump does not support eliminating “dark money” in politics. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) has documented 3,274 conflicts of interest through July 2020 resulting from Donald Trump’s decision not to divest from his businesses