Clean Water Action's Massachusetts Endorsements 2020 - Results!
We’re proud and excited to announce that the vast majority of our endorsed Clean Water champions in Massachusetts won their races! We can’t wait to work with these leaders over the next few years to fight together for clean water, healthy communities, and justice for all. Here are our Clean Water champions headed to Congress and Beacon Hill:
- Ed Markey
- Representative Ayanna Pressley, 7th District
- Representative Jim McGovern, 2nd District
- Senator Becca Rausch, Norfolk, Bristol, & Middlesex District
- Senator Susan Moran, Plymouth & Barnstable District
- Adam Scanlon, 14th Bristol
- Representative Tram Nguyen, 18th Essex
- Representative Carmine Gentile, 13th Middlesex
- Representative Danillo Sena, 37th Middlesex
- Representative Joan Meschino, 3rd Plymouth
- Representative Patrick Kearney, 4th Plymouth
- Representative Michelle DuBois, 10th Plymouth
- Representative Natalie Higgins, 4th Worcester
Unfortunately, not all of our Clean Water champions and issues were successful. Christina Eckert, a climate champion who we endorsed for the 2nd Essex State House seat, lost her race against incumbent Representative Lenny Mirra. We’re disappointed by her loss, because we know we need leaders like Eckert in the State House, but we’re heartened to know she will continue fighting for clean water and climate justice for our communities.
We’re also disappointed that Ballot Question 2, which would have implemented ranked choice voting in Massachusetts, just missed the threshold for success, receiving approximately 45% of the vote. However, we know the movement for ranked choice voting doesn’t end here. This election cycle played a huge role in raising awareness about ranked choice voting and inspiring hundreds of thousands of Massachusetts voters to support this essential reform — and the movement will only continue to grow and build power!
Clean Water Action is responsible for the content of this independent expenditure. It is not coordinated with or approved by the candidate or candidate committee. For more information, please contact email@example.com.